As IT engineers we often get requests for password resets. The same can happens with User PIN also. Microsoft PIN reset service allows Windows 10 users to reset their PIN securely. In this demo I am going to demonstrate how we can enable PIN reset.
For this, we need following,
1. Azure Active Directory
2. Azure AD registered, Azure AD joined, or Hybrid Azure AD joined Windows 10 device with version 1709 or later. (The Microsoft PIN Reset service only works with Enterprise Edition of Windows 10, version 1709 to 1809. The feature works with Enterprise Edition and Pro edition with Windows 10, version 1903 and newer)
In my demo environment, I have a user called Megan Bowen (meganb@M365x620957.onmicrosoft.com). The windows 10 device she using is already enrolled with Microsoft Intune.
Enable Microsoft PIN reset service
To enable Microsoft PIN reset service with your Azure AD tenant,
1. Go to Microsoft PIN reset service page and login as Global Administrator
2. Then Accept to give permission.
3. Then go to Microsoft PIN reset client page and login as Global Administrator
4. Then Accept to give permission.
5. This will enable Microsoft PIN reset service and Microsoft PIN reset client. To verify got to Azure Active Directory | Enterprise applications | All applications then check if you can see Microsoft Pin Reset Client Production and Microsoft Pin Reset Service Production in the list.